Iron Man’s Ride

Posted: May 18, 2012 in HDR, Michigan, Nikon D40

This is a shot of an Audi R8 Spyder at the 2012 Detroit, Michigan NAIAS car show. It’s the same car Iron Man drives in the 2nd movie. About 90% of the cars at the show you could go right up to and even sit in, which was a little unexpected, but the other 10% (the really fancy / expensive ones) were behind low barriers or up on rotating platforms.

I’m not really sure what the guy (shown with the real pensive look behind the driver side window in the picture above) said to the model who was assigned to this car, but she opened the little glass gate and let him and his friend sit in it for a while and check it out up close. Perhaps next time, I’ll shave my head a bit, throw in some fake grey chops, and don a Cashmere sweater, all while trying to communicate to the hostess (in broken french/english) that I’d like to sit in the car. By the way, for the record, I’m not sure if he was actually wearing Cashmere or if he was French, but in my little world that’s exactly what happened.

Click picture for full resolution

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s